Business Automation with VBA – Working with Files
Extend your Microsoft Excel VBA programs to interface with other applications, exchange data and access files and folder
You will learn one of the most popular techniques to integrate Excel with other applications: text files. You’ll also work with folders and files and embed images within your Worksheets.
In this course you will discover:
✔ Embedding an image file in a Worksheet
✔ Creating slick PDF reports
✔ Working with files and folders
✔ Importing and exporting text files
✔ Importing and exporting text files using the streaming object
✔ Assignment: Create a slick PDF report with Excel data and chart
I'm excited to invite you to take the third course in my program: Beyond Excel Boundaries with VBA: Working with Files
You will need this set of skills and technologies in almost every Excel VBA project
Integrate with other applications, export/import data, create PDF reports.
Look what can happen to you after having completed this course:
- You will be Competitive: do more than just automating Excel. Offer integration projects with other technologies and systems
- You will be able to automate integration with other applications: two VBA techniques for importing and exporting files are demonstrated
- You will be able to create slick PDF reports: Dynamically generate a PDF file from your Excel data and charts for printing, sending or archiving
This course covers essential technologies and extensions to meet the business requirements of business solutions
You will learn one of the most popular techniques to integrate Excel with other applications: text files. You'll also work with folders and files and embed images within your Worksheets. You will discover:
- Embedding an image file in a Worksheet
- Creating slick PDF reports
- Working with files and folders
- Importing and exporting text files
- Importing and exporting text files using the streaming object
- Assignment: Create a slick PDF report with Excel data and chart
What you will get when enrolling to this course:
- 4 hours in 10 recorded, hands-on sessions
Each session was carefully planned, its code was written and verified and the video was edited to reflect a balanced blend of slides lecture with hands-on demo.
The course is structured to build a gradual learning curve. With each session you conquer another goal, expand your skills and experience.
The harmonized planning and orchestration of the complete 8-course program delivers to you an un-matched combination of skill-sets, typically never found in a single, coherent and complete program.
- 1 Quiz
The course closes with a quiz. The quiz is designed to measure your deep understanding of the material. Repeating a sentence you heard in the course is not enough to pass the quiz.
Only true understanding gained through practice leads to successful professionals - and that is what I aim for you!
- 1 Assignment
Writing code that works for real business needs will earn you the practice and skill you need. The assignments are engineered to confront you with real business challenges and are considered an important part of your training.
I always say: an assignment is your opportunity to express yourself!
- Assignment's complete solution: Excel VBA code for download
Download my suggestion for a possible solution to the assignment. This is a complete, fully working solution that will expand and enrich your knowledge and techniques for implementing business challenges.
I explain my solution for each and every assignment in a dedicated, detailed session, so these are important lessons in and of themselves - don't skip those sessions!
There are no reviews yet.